I had a scenario last week where I created a MS Form inside of my MS Team and wanted to capture the responses and do some validation on them.
Flow can easily connect to a MS Form and carry out some actions once the form is submitted, right?
The problem was that when I created my Forms inside Teams, I was unable to select the form from within the Flow.
- First step, within my Microsoft Team, I created a Form as below
- I navigated to Power Automate and created a new flow for when a form is submitted, as below
However, when you expand the ‘When a new response is submitted’, you do not see the option to select the Form you just created inside of your Team. I can see all the other forms I created from directly within MS forms, but not the form created from within MS Teams.
I was baffled by this for quite a while. Until I thought of trying something!.
- I navigated to the forms (https://www.office.com/launch/forms?auth=2) I actually saw my form Teams form there, so I opened it up and I copied the FormID from the URL
- I pasted the Form ID manually into the ‘When a new response is submitted’ section, as below
- Added the Get Response Details action and again, manually entered the Form ID as below
And the Flow Worked 😊 – Hope this helps someone and avoids them wasting time like I did .